How to become an ATB

DVSA’s set criteria and minimum standards

If you are thinking about opening a motorcycle school in the UK it is important to consider that you will need to meet set criteria and minimum standards set by the DVSA. All of this will need to be done before you can even think about what lessons you will offer. 

You must be an approved training body (ATB) with the DVSA to provide:

All CBT and DAS training must be given by instructors certified by DVSA working for your approved training body. The sites you provide your training from must also be approved by DVSA.

It can take up to eight weeks for the application to be processed. The DVSA will also need to inspect the sites you plan to use for the off-road elements of compulsory basic training. 

Scroll to Top
DIA Academy response to COVID-19